Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Do you have strife in your life? Do you know how to identify it? Most of the time, we are so busy doing the destruction in our lives, the Devil can smile and move on to the next person. I have very frequently focused my energy on negative reinforcement. I am constantly tearing myself down and creating doubt in my life. I have resolved that this will not happen any more. I have turned my life over to God and He is in control. When I see a situation and begin to process and form my opinions, I am training myself to think the Godly,positive way. I am looking at things through my "Jesus Glasses." How can this situation make me better and closer to God? How is the Holy Spirit working through me in this situation? I have also turned this into an ongoing mission with my fellow Christians. I have recently been fortunate to have a new friendship with a fellow Christian at work. Others warned me not to get caught in her Jesus web but I prayed I would. We agreed very early on that we would choose to be open and honest and focus on the areas where we agree rather than trying to find the places we disagree. It is making the Devil work overtime to create strife in this relationship but we are determined to keep it out. It is turning out to be a very fruitful and joy-filled relationship. Why didn't I do this a long time ago?