Friday, August 14, 2009

I absolutely love the song "Wait and See" by Brandon Heath (www.brandonheath.net). It is bringing me great solace right now as I walk my journey. As the song says, "He is working on my feet so they will walk straight." It is our natural inclination to wonder what is in store for us. I often find myself trying to make deals with God to see the future. Why do we do this? It is basically a lack of trust and that is sinful. As Proverbs 3:5-6 says, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths." I am trying to allow God to drive my life in all things. Everything about worry brings negativity into your life. It also puts wrinkles on your face. Heath continues, "He's holding my hand so he can lead me and teach me to endure." What a comforting visual that is for me. God holding our hands. It is a natural thing that we do all the time when we want someone to feel supported and loved. The human touch has been proven through research to help people heal and to make babies grow faster and more healthy. How much more does God's touch help us? The last line of the song says, "Now I am on the potter's wheel, he's molding me to fit his will, God's not finished with me yet." That brings me great comfort. Here is hoping that is does the same for you.