Wednesday, January 27, 2010

God is not finished with me yet. That is the idea that has been running through my head. I know I heard it in a song but it goes much deeper than that. The devil has been attacking me lately and the target has been my confidence. I know that God has bestowed his grace on me with no conditions. I know that I am His child and He made me in his image. What I don't know is what He has planned for me. However, I am excited about the possibilities and anxious to discover the outcome. There lies the dilemma. The past is over and done and the future is in His hands. I need to live the present and trust Him. But like all humans, I am nervous about the next step. My prayer continues to be that He open the next door for me and insures that I not miss it. Knowing what to do is one of the hardest tasks we have as humans. That is why I am glad that He gave us the Bible. Proverbs 3:23-26 tells us, "Then you may securely go your way; your foot will never stumble; When you lie down, you need not be afraid, when you rest, your sleep will be sweet. Honor is the possession of wise men, but fools inherit shame. Be not afraid of sudden terror, of the ruin of the wicked when it comes; For the Lord will be your confidence, and will keep your foot from the snare." Realizing that the Lord is my confidence is comforting. Deciding to lean on Him for everything is harder to accomplish. But just like anything, repetition is the key. Forming the habit of always turning to our Father God is the goal. Psychologists say that if you do anything for 21 days in a row, it will become a habit. I challenge you to take the next three weeks and place your confidence in the Lord. You will be challenged and attacked by the devil. In the end, the struggle will make the journey sweeter. Romans 8:37-39 tells us, "No, in all these things we conquer overwhelmingly through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor present things, nor future things, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord." Now that is confidence.