I wanted to turn you on to the most amazing priest especially in the Year of the Priest. I caught his TV show last night and was so inspired. His name is Fr. Cedric and he is headquartered in Houston but apparently makes trips around the U.S. to talk. His show was focused on spiritual, Biblical-based prayer and he was using all of St. Paul's epistles. Very inspiring. We can certainly learn how to pray from one of our greatest saints. In a conversation earlier this week, there was a misguided person who said that they do not believe in the concept of Hell. Rather than argue with this person, I shared the passage in Matthew 13:41-42 that says, "The Son of man will send his angels, and they will gather out of his kingdom all causes of sin and all evildoers, and throw them into the furnace of fire; there men will weep and gnash their teeth." I am not sure if this person changed their mind but I did plant a seed and I am sure that the Holy Spirit will draw this person to read the scripture and who knows. I found Pope Benedict's comments about his guardian angel and God's will to be amusing. If you have not seen it, look here: http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/new.php?n=16698
Born during the turbulent era of the French Revolution, Saint Jeanne Jugan rose above hardship and a lack of formal schooling to become a profound vessel of Christ’s mercy. After losing her father at a young age and working through her youth as a kitchen maid and nurse, her life radically changed one freezing night when she encountered a blind, paralyzed elderly woman with nowhere to go. Jeanne carried the woman back to her own home, placed her in her own bed, and began a lifelong mission of radical hospitality. This act of profound love blossomed into the Little Sisters of the Poor , a thriving community dedicated to sheltering and honoring the destitute elderly. Despite later facing heavy trials—including being unjustly sidelined and stripped of her leadership by a controlling chaplain—Jeanne accepted her obscurity and exile with a joyful spirit, resting her complete trust in God's hidden providence until her death in 1879. In our daily lives, Saint Jeanne Jugan invites us to lo...
Comments
Post a Comment