How often do you think about talking to God. I am not talking about the stiff and odd "thees" and "thous" but just a conversation with our Father. In James 4:8 it says "Draw near to God and He will draw near to you." What better way to do that than to talk with God throughout the day. After all, he created us for his pleasure and wants to be in contact with us. Jesus modeled this virtue frequently when he came to earth. Our small Christian community has been meeting consistently for the last five years and one of the things I have noticed is how much better we are at praying aloud. We are much better at thanking God for our blessings and crosses. We are much better at asking God to lead us in our daily lives. We are much better at communicating with him and that comes from practice. I lost a friend yesterday to suicide. It had and continues to have a profound impact on me. I feel guilty for not being more present in his life but I do know that he had a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. It reopens the age old question that we humans have about why things like this happen. Like the idea of the Trinity, this will remain a mystery until I see my Savior on the last day. Please pray for all of those who have experienced "sudden-loss." It is a terrible feeling of hopelessness. Psalm 31:9 Be merciful to me, O Lord, for I am in distress; my eyes grow weak with sorrow, my soul and my body with grief.
Born during the turbulent era of the French Revolution, Saint Jeanne Jugan rose above hardship and a lack of formal schooling to become a profound vessel of Christ’s mercy. After losing her father at a young age and working through her youth as a kitchen maid and nurse, her life radically changed one freezing night when she encountered a blind, paralyzed elderly woman with nowhere to go. Jeanne carried the woman back to her own home, placed her in her own bed, and began a lifelong mission of radical hospitality. This act of profound love blossomed into the Little Sisters of the Poor , a thriving community dedicated to sheltering and honoring the destitute elderly. Despite later facing heavy trials—including being unjustly sidelined and stripped of her leadership by a controlling chaplain—Jeanne accepted her obscurity and exile with a joyful spirit, resting her complete trust in God's hidden providence until her death in 1879. In our daily lives, Saint Jeanne Jugan invites us to lo...
Comments
Post a Comment