Friday, July 31, 2009

I wanted to turn you on to the most amazing priest especially in the Year of the Priest. I caught his TV show last night and was so inspired. His name is Fr. Cedric and you can find him at FrCedric. He is headquartered in Houston but apparently makes trips around the U.S. to talk. His show was focused on spiritual, Biblical-based prayer and he was using all of St. Paul's epistles. Very inspiring. We can certainly learn how to pray from one of our greatest saints. In a conversation earlier this week, there was a misguided person who said that they do not believe in the concept of Hell. Rather than argue with this person, I shared the passage in Matthew 41-42 that says, "The Son of man will send his angels, and they will gather out of his kingdom all causes of sin and all evildoers, and throw them into the furnace of fire; there men will weep and gnash their teeth." I am not sure if this person changed their mind but I did plant a seed and I am sure that the Holy Spirit will draw this person to read the scripture and who knows. I found Pope Benedict's comments about his guardian angel and God's will to be amusing. If you have not seen it, look here: http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/new.php?n=16698