Miracles are happening still today. I know this because I have seen a miracle happen. I wrote on this blog earlier about a good friend of mine who had been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. Many of you know the survival rate for this terrible cancer because of the high profile case of Patrick Swayze who recently passed. Most doctors are reporting a five-percent survival rate for patients who contract this type of cancer. We began to pray mightily for my friend that he be healed of this terrible affliction and that all evil forces that could come against him be blocked by the Sacred Heart of Jesus. Our great and powerful Lord has answered our prayers and my friend is cancer free. Praise God! This miracle is a testament to God's immense empathy and might. During this terrible ordeal, I would talk with my friend and he never strayed from his strong belief that God would intervene for him. I told him that he was bringing more people to Christ everyday by his strong convictions and he just smiled but I will tell you that this is true. I have spoken to so many people that have been shaped by this experience. It has allowed so many to deepen their faith and increase their prayer life. I have written before that God replaces the bad with the good. It may also be the answer to one of my seven questions, specifically "Why do bad things happen to good people?" That is exactly what happened here and not just in the end. Throughout the journey, God was calling people to respond and they did. My friend's happiness is so infectious. The benefits will continue to multiply because my friend can now minister to others who are facing the same situation. He is in a unique position to tell them with conviction that God is here for us. Even in the dark times. Even when we think it is hopeless. Each time I see him, I will be reminded of our miraculous God and so will many others. Every time I talk to a prayer warrior who accepted the daily challenge to prayerfully ask God to remove the cancer, I can see the tremendous effect this has had on them. Tremendous good came from this difficult and trying journey. Miracles are still occurring. Don't let anyone tell you they are not. By the way, my friend gets to see his son celebrate the sacrament of marriage this Saturday. God is good all the time and all the time, God is good.
Born during the turbulent era of the French Revolution, Saint Jeanne Jugan rose above hardship and a lack of formal schooling to become a profound vessel of Christ’s mercy. After losing her father at a young age and working through her youth as a kitchen maid and nurse, her life radically changed one freezing night when she encountered a blind, paralyzed elderly woman with nowhere to go. Jeanne carried the woman back to her own home, placed her in her own bed, and began a lifelong mission of radical hospitality. This act of profound love blossomed into the Little Sisters of the Poor , a thriving community dedicated to sheltering and honoring the destitute elderly. Despite later facing heavy trials—including being unjustly sidelined and stripped of her leadership by a controlling chaplain—Jeanne accepted her obscurity and exile with a joyful spirit, resting her complete trust in God's hidden providence until her death in 1879. In our daily lives, Saint Jeanne Jugan invites us to lo...
Comments
Post a Comment