Wednesday, September 30, 2009

When I started writing this blog, God placed on my heart a desire to share how we are all walking a very similar path. I am not saying that we are all exactly alike but I often feel that my problems are unique and that is just not true. In addition, I find that fellow Catholics have experienced similar events. I was guided by the Holy Spirit to develop a list of seven questions and I have been sending them out all over the U.S. asking for a response. I admit it is an unusual method and probably has made some of the recipients nervous but I am happy to say that a second brave soul has responded to me. Rev. Michael Diochi of St. Bernadette’s Parish in Kansas City provided the following responses. I have listed each question before his response. To see the first response by Fr. Al Baca, refer back to the August 20 entry. If you would like to participate, simply respond to the following seven questions and forward your answers to fellmananthony@gmail.com. Enjoy!

1. What is the biggest challenge to your faith that you have faced so far? I have no serious challenge to my faith, because, I went to the Priestly Vocation as a determined child, and earlier in my life through the Junior Seminary. I have no doubt about it and I do not regret it, because, I am happy with my Priestly Call from God, whereby, I do serve God and humanity in sincerity. However, I am not impressed on how some people doubt the existence of God and, consequentially, they disregard other people's Dignity and Rights, and hence mishandle their humanness.
2. What scripture do you find yourself turning to most often? The part of the Scripture I turn to most of the time is "Jesus Christ wept" (John 11:35ff.).
3. How do you think God is revealing his presence to us in the world today? God is revealing His presence in the world, through the miraculous works He constantly does, and by His careful sustenance of the world, in spite of mankind's sinfulness and deviation from Him.
4. Do you have a book that you would recommend to people trying to develop their spirituality? The appropriate book I do recommend for you to read is the Holy Bible and other Spiritual Books dealing with the life of Saints.
5. Why do you think bad things happen to good people? Bad things happen to good people through which God aids them in the solidification of their Faith.
6. What have you found is the most effective way to introduce the word of God to a nonbeliever? The most effective way to introduce the Word of God to non-believers is through one's sincere acting out his/her Faith and Believe with good works towards Neighbors. That is to say, "A Practical Living Faith accompanied with Good Works".
7. Do you have a favorite saint and if so, why? My favorite Saint is Jesus Christ, who is the sincere Redeemer.
God bless you! Rev. Fr. M. Diochi.