Friday, July 17, 2009

Ever let your tongue create problems for you? If you answered no, surely you must be ready for sainthood. Two years ago, while on retreat at Manresa, I discovered the healing power of the Epistle of James. It was as if the Holy Spirit opened the Bible to the first page and forced me to read. When I did, I discovered a small, concise how-to guide for living my life everyday. Do I always follow it, no. Does it speak the truth, yes. Last week at our small Christian community session, my wife was filled with the Holy Spirit and proclaimed a serious life lesson that I want to share with you as well. She said we should all take a sheet of paper and draw two circles on it. In one circle, we are to place all of the things we can control. The other circle is for things we cannot control. We should then focus on the circle of things we can control. If we are walking with the Lord, that circle will not be very full and we will not be burdened with a heavy load. If you still have not read The Shack (http://theshackbook.com/) make it a priority before the summer is done. Also, I have rediscovered the blessed voice of Kathy Troccoli. Enjoy for yourself (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVqR6kTu8lE&feature=related). Finally, I want to lift up Pope Benedict and ask the Lord God to heal his broken wrist quickly so that he can resume his mission here on Earth. So also the tongue is a small member, yet it boasts of great exploits. How great a forest is set ablaze by a small fire! (James 3:5)