Thursday, August 12, 2010

My help comes from the Lord. How often do I say this throughout the day? I am slowly coming to realize how true this statement is and hearing The Museum sing these same words helps to remind me in a beautiful way. It, of course, is a scripture quoted from the Bible. Psalms 121:2-4 tells us, "My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth. God will not allow your foot to slip; your guardian does not sleep. Truly, the guardian of Israel never slumbers nor sleeps." Now that provides the comfort we are all searching for. God, our guardian, is always there to help and protect us. He is ever present if we just turn to Him. I have a friend who is walking so strongly with the Lord. During a recent torrential thunderstorm, she remarked, "thank you Lord for washing my car, it needed it." I just smiled because she is really allowing God to permeate her every fiber. I like rain and think that lightening displays the power of God but I never thought to look at a storm in that way. The Museum sing, "When I’m broken, scarred by sin, death gives way to life again." The redemption of the Lord is so sweet. It brings such comfort if we allow Him to work in our lives. Sin does produce an impediment. Sin builds walls that block our God out. We only need to remove the sin to allow our God back into our hearts. And we know that all things are possible with God in our lives. If you have slipped recently, return to the Father who never slumbers. He is waiting for you.